Configuring the Kiosk App
FieldClock Kiosk can only be configured by a Company or Account Administrator. Begin by signing in with an administrator user account.
Once you are signed in, please specify the following settings:
- The location of the Kiosk
- The tasks that are available for clock-in at this Kiosk
- Any comments that should be attached to jobs created by the Kiosk
- Which mode your employees will use to clock in and out
- Which camera you wish to use (use back camera if employees will hold their badge "under" the device, use the front camera if the device will be mounted flush on a wall)
- Tap the Start Kiosk button
After you tap the Start Kiosk button, the app will remain in kiosk mode, ready to clock employees in or out.
Badge Scan Mode
How to Clock-in an Employee
It's simple: scan their badge!
If the employee has 1 task available, and the task is in the Kiosk’s configured available tasks, the employee will be clocked in to a Job with that Task
If the employee has multiple tasks available that overlap with the Kiosk’s configured available tasks, the employee will be asked to pick which Task they are clocking-in for.
How to Clock-out an Employee
It's still simple: scan their badge again!
If the employee has no tasks available (other than their currently clocked-in task), they will be clocked-out without any fuss.
If the employee has other tasks available, they will be presented with the option to switch task or to clock-out.
PIN + Photo Mode
PIN + Photo mode works the same as Badge Scan mode, except that a keypad is also displayed. If an employee does not have their badge, they can key in their Kiosk PIN and the app will take their photo using the active camera. (We recommend using the "front" camera when in PIN + Photo mode so that the camera takes photos of the user.)
The photo that is taken will be uploaded to the Admin Site with the time entry and can be viewed by expanding an employee's details.
How to Exit Kiosk Mode
Kiosk will exit scanning mode whenever a company or account admin's badge is scanned. After exiting scanning mode, the app will return to the Configuration screen.
If an employee cannot clock-in...
- Double-check that their employee record is active. If an employee is inactive or has been deleted, they will be unable to clock-in.
- Double-check that their employee record has tasks available to it that are included on the list of tasks that the Kiosk is configured with. A Task must be present on the employee's personal list and in the Kiosk configuration otherwise the employee cannot clock-in at that Kiosk.
- If unable to clock-in via PIN, verify the employee's Kiosk PIN on the Admin Site.
To clear Kiosk data…
- Tap the Sign Out button on the Configuration screen.
Please see "Getting started with FieldClock Kiosk" for more information about how the Kiosk app works.