What is a job?
Jobs are the main activities that employees do. A single job is made up of a task, at a location, and at a specific time. Below are all the inputs that comprise a job:
- Date: the day the jobs is taking place on
- Ranch: the field the job is taking place at
- Block (optional): if applicable, the field within the ranch that the job is taking place at
- Task: the activity being preformed
- Variety (optional): if a piecework job, the variety being picked or worked on
- Crew Boss (optional): the employee overseeing the job
- Color (optional): assign a color to the job for ease of finding it in big lists
- Hours Offered (optional): the number of hours offered to employees at this job
- Pay Type: hourly job, piecework job, or hourly + piecework incentive
- Notes (optional): a simple text field where you can input arbitrary notes for the job
If the job is a piecework job, 'Piecework Options' will appear. To proceed, you must first select a piece type. Once that is complete, you may enter the price you'd like to pay per piece.
There are three different ticketing options to choose from:
- Fixed Quantity: this is automatically set by default and will generate a single piece per scan.This style is good when you want a checker to confirm each piece that is produced.
- Variable Quantity: this option allows the number of pieces produced in the field to be edited. This is good for high-volume jobs, such as pruning, where the checker may not verify each individual piece.
- Shared Quantity: This allows multiple producers to be scanned to the same ticket. When the ticket is created, a piece record will be created for each producer with a quantity of 1/n - n being the number of producers.
Use pre-printed tickets: Select this option if you are using your own barcodes. This is options, and FieldClock will create piece numbers for you if you don't have your own pre-printed tickets.
Where to create a job
- Tap the main menu in the upper left-hand corner
- Tap 'Jobs' to view the jobs list
- Tap the plus icon (+) in the upper-right hand corner
- Click 'Jobs' from the main menu
- Click the 'New Job' button on the right-hand side